Monday, February 26, 2007

Lentils - Fabulous Recipe!!



This lentil recipe is becoming a favorite for me and Dave. It is SO yummy and full of vegies! I have adapted it from a recipe I found on Mrs. Jansen's blog...One change I also made was that I bake it in my Schlemmel Toft.


*2 cups water
*1 3/4 cups lentils
*2 tsp salt
*few shakes of red pepper flakes
*1 tsp each of fresh majoram, thyme, and sage (if you don't have fresh, just use 1/2 tsp dry)
*2 cups fresh or canned tomatoes, chopped
*2 cloves garlic, minced
*2 large onions, chopped
*3 parsnips, chopped (optional, though they do add great flavor)

Cover and bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Uncover and stir in:

*2 large carrots, sliced
*1 cup celery, sliced

Cover and bake for 35-40 more minutes at 375 degrees. Uncover and stir in:

*2 tbsp fresh, chopped Italian parsley
*1 red pepper, chopped

Sprinkle on top 3 cups cheddar or famers cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes until cheese melts.

Serves 6.



No comments: