Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer Pizza...

Fresh vegies and herbs...
Pesto chicken added...
Topped with cheese and baking...yum!

Summer has finally hit, here in San Diego! It took a little longer than I thought it would, but the warm weather inspired this summer pizza. This was a piece of cake to put together. Trader Joe's sells pre-made whole wheat pizza dough, as well as bottled pesto sauce. I often stock up on both for those evenings when I am tired and need a quick and tasty dinner. This pizza I did as a sauceless one, opting to coat the top of the pizza dough with seasoned dipping olive oil (plain olive oil would do just as nicely). I then cooked some sliced chicken breast in pesto sauce. While this was cooking, I then layered fresh tomato slices, yellow bell pepper, fresh oregano, basil, and rosemary on the pizza dough. Once the chicken completed cooking, I then placed that on top of the vegies and topped with sliced mozarella cheese and baked on my baking stone at 400 degrees until pizza dough baked through. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

christy said...

Did your pizza dough cook through? I've had a hard time with TJ's pizza dough being too wet and difficult to handle and not baking through. Did you just add a ton of flour?

Jessica said...

I didn't add any flour. When I have used a sauce, I have had some trouble with it not baking in the middle, but I did not add sauce to this pizza and it turned out great!