Saturday, June 19, 2010

Raw Beets...


So, I learned in my Family Herbalist course just how good beets are for you, especially all you pregnant mommas! Beets are a great preventative against anemia. I took my iron (and am still taking it) supplement in a form derived from beets by Dr. Marshall. I had no problems with anemia my whole pregnancy.
We have been getting a lot of beets in our co-op. Roasted beets with other root vegies are great, but gets old after a while. Beets are also best consumed raw, so I have started to shred beets, carrots, and zucchini onto our salads. It's more appealing for me than large pieces of beet and it sure looks pretty with all that color!

1 comment:

Laura said...

mmm LOVE beets. Lew just got me some from the farmers market today, I am going to shred some in my salad tonight :) I had never thought to do that before!